Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Season is Nearly Over

As Summer ends and Fall begins we are preparing for the off-season. Until recently, I did not realize that horticulture is seasonal work in the Northeast so I am beginning to look at other options once the weather becomes colder. Overall, I learned much this season and enjoyed my experience on Our Urban Farm. Places like the New York Botanical Garden, where I took the Master Composter class, have work that is full-time all year, regardless of the season, so I am trying to increase my knowledge at places like this. Perhaps I will do horticulture work in the future or maybe not. It really is hard work that requires patience. One thing I do know is that I will keep my house plants and get more in the future.



Stace Van Rossum

No comments: